A great part of naval history. (Most Sailors consider the cruise book one of their most valued treasures)
You would be purchasing an
exact copy of the USS Grand Canyon AD 28 cruise book during this time of Peace. Each page has been placed on
a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every
page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying
the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have
served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family
members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
of Call: Athens Greece, Augusta Bay Sicily, Taranto Italy, Cannes France, Barcelona Spain and Palermo Italy.
- At Sea Replenishments
- Divisional Group Photos with Names
- Ships Party in Messina
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Plus much more
photos and the ships story told on 81 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Destroyer
Tender during the specified time period.
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC