"Big Ben the Flattop"
A great part of naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Franklin
CV 13 cruise book during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing.
The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare
cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person
in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not
be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Much Detailed Description of War Activities Written
by the Crew.
- Honor Roll of those Who Perished
- Commissioning the Ship
- Shakedown Cruise
- Heading Westward
- Our First Action
- War in theCarolina's
- Action in the Philippine Sea
- Battle for Leyte Gulf
- Christmas 1944 at Home
- The Ship that wouldn't be Sunk
- Big Ben Comes
- Divisional Crew Photos with Names after the Repair
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Plus Much More
Over 196 pictures and the Ships
story told on 139 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Aircraft Carrier during
World War II.
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home front" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio
"Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC.