Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
Australia and Western Pacific Cruise Book
A great part of naval history.
You would be purchasing an
exact copy of the USS Roanoke CL 145 cruise book during this time period. Each page has been placed on a CD for years
of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been
enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual
hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard
her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have
a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Ports of Call:
Pearl Harbor, Sydney Australia, Sasebo Kobe Yokosuka Nagasaki and Nagoya Japan, Subic Bay Philippines, Hong Kong and Inchon Korea
- Change of Command Ceremony
- At Sea Operations
- Sports and Recreation
- Many Port of Call Photos
- Equator Crossing
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Divisional Group Photos with Names
- Plus Much More
Over 530 Photos on Approximately 182 Pages.
Once you view this book you will know what life was like
on this Light Cruiser during this time period.
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's
- 22 Minute Audio of an "Equator Crossing" in 1967. Not this ship but the Ceremony was the same.
Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC