A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Sierra AD 18 cruise book
during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the
original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Cruise chart
- Ships log date and event (Mar 1944 - Mar 1946)
- History of the Sierra
the Equator ceremony
- Sports, recreation and ports of call
- Departmental responsibilities
- Divisional group photos
- In memoriam
- Plus much more
Over 72 photos and the ships story told on 47 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was
like on this Destroyer Tender during World War II.
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home
front" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute
Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in
the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the
Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations