A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Alcyone AKA 7 cruise book
during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the
original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Cruise chart
- Dockside loading
- Many shipboard activity photos
- Ports of call -
Guam, South Pacific, Cape Gloucester, Japan
- Equator crossing ceremony
- Group divisional crew photos
- Ships crew roster with
names and hometown
- Plus much more
Over 125 photos and the ships story told on 64 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know
what life was like on this Attack Transport during World War II.
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes
the Home front" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot
Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of theUnited States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing
the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" inWashington DC
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will exceed your Expectations