A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Tarawa cruise book after
World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the
original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Many carrier Air group 1 photos with names
- Tarawa makes aviation history
of call - Pearl Harbor, Tsingtao China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Colombo Ceylon, Bahrain Arabia, Juda Arabia, Suez Canal, Athens Greece,
Istanbul Turkey, Suda Bay Crete, Rock of Gibraltar
- Many Photos of each port visited
- Christmas at sea 1948
- Many crew activity photos
on board at sea
- Divisional group photos with names
- Chronological log showing ports and dates
- Plus much more
Over 426 photos and
the ships story told on 228 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Aircraft Carrier
after World War II.
- Several Additional Images of the USS Tarawa (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a
"1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial"
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations