A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Tarawa cruise book just after World
War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic
sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a
hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift
for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book.
The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items
in this book are as follows:
- Ships first cruise book
- Officers photo and bios
- Carrier Air Group 4
- Air Squadron group photos with names
- Sports, recreation and shipboard activities
- The battle detail for which the ship was names
- Plus much more
photos and the ships story told on 64 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Aircraft
Carrier just after World War II.
- Several Additional Images of the USS Tarawa (National Archives)
Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home front" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for
the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of
the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations