A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Minneapolis CA 36 cruise
book during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the
original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Ribbons and stars awarded
- Chronological log (month, year, day and location)
activity - Bougainville, Salamaua and Lae, Coral Sea, Midway, Occupation of the Solomons
- Battle of Tassafaronga
- Stateside for overhaul
into the Marshalls
- Return to Guam
- Palau Operation
- Suriago Strait operation
- Lingayen Gulf and Corregidor
- Okinawa operation
- War cruise
- Crew roster (name and hometown address)
- Plus much more
Over 16 photos and the ships story told on 132 pages.
Faces and Phases book created by the USS Minneapolis Association. This great book have over 240 photos from the National Archives
and shipmate donations to the association. Many crew photos with names and photo descritions. This is a great compliment
to the original WWII cruise book.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Heavy Cruiser during
World War II.
- Several Additional Images of the USS Minneapolis during the World War II era (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home front" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast
for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of
the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations