A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Dutchess APA 98 cruise book
during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the
original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Crew roster
- Ship cruise statistics
- Commissioning and shakedown
- Training ship
- Maiden Voyage - Rhode Island to Pearl Harbor, Okinawa, San Francisco and Portland
- Moving the 9th Corps artillery to Leyte
- Replacements for the 6th and 8th armies
- Landing in Japan - Demobilization
- Magic carpet - Manila to San Francisco
- Road back to decommissioning
Over 8 photos and the ships story told on 97 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like
on this Transport during World War II.
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home front" WWII
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a
"1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will exceed your Expectations