Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
A great part of naval
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Essex CV 9 cruise book during World War II. Each page has
been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label.
Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when
buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may
have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other
family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the headlines in this book are
- Presidential Citation letter
- The Saga of the Essex
- Commissioning Ceremony
- Raid on Marcus Island
- Raid on Wake Island
- Jap Air Attack on USS Essex
- Occupation of the Gilbert Islands
- Raid on Kwajalein
- Occupation of the Marshalls
- The Essex Listens
- The Raid on Truk
- Raid on Saipan
- Second Battle of Philippine Sea
- Enemy Torpedo Plane Attack Formosa
- Typhoon of December 1944
- Raid onSaigon
- Okinawa Campaign
- Physical Movements of the USS Essex (10 Pages)
- Actions in which engaged (By date)
- Air groups attached
to the Essex
- Statistics from the records
Over 275 pictures and the Essex story on 168 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know
what life was like on this aircraft carrier during World War II.
- Several Additional Images of the USS Essex during
the World War II era (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Home front" WWII (National Archives)
Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing"
(Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology
Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC