A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing the USS Mars AFS 1 cruise book during this
time period. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family
has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed
we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Some Ports of Call: Olongapo, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Yokosuka and
- Commanding and Executive Officer Bio's
- History of the Ship
- Divisional Activity Photos
- Cruise Chasrt with Dates
- Sports and
- Awards and Inspections
- Welcome Home Activities
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Plus much more
Over 668 photos and the ships
story told on 111 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Transport during World
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
Why a CD instead of a
hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents
and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
ground patriotic music and Navy sounds can be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
page viewing slide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac)
Will work with Windows 98 or above.