A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing the USS Yorktown CV 10 cruise book during this
period of time. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in
a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this
sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make
a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family
has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed
we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Ports of call: San Francisco, hawaii, Japan and Hong Kong
- Task Force 77 Operations
- Sports and Recreation
- Ship Replenishment Activities
- Flag (Name and Rank)
- Crew Photos by Division
- In Memorandum Page
- Many crew activity photos
- Plus Much More
Over 364 pictures plus individual crew photos and
the Ships story told on 218 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Aircraft
Carrier during the Korean War Era.
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
Hunky-Dory and many more.
Why a CD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self contained
CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip
book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
- Back ground patriotic music and Navy sounds can
be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen
may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewing slide show that you control
with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.