11 Feb - 1957 - 4 Aug Med Cruise Book
A great part of naval history. (Most Sailors consider the cruise book one of their
most valued treasures)
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Everglades AD 24 cruise book during the 1950's. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with
a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred
dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself
or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD
makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items
in this book are as follows:
- Ports of Call: Gibraltar, Palermo Sicily, Piraeus Greece, Riviera in France, Izmir Turkey and Barcelona Spain.
- At Sea Replenishments
- Operation Propeller
- Sports and Recreation
- Divisional Crew Photos with Names
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Plus Much More
Over 189 photos and the ships story told on 83 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was
like on this Destroyer Tender during this time of peace.
25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the
late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil
- Hunky-Dory and many more.